Saturday, March 3, 2018

The Marketing Writer is taking over, but with a twist




Good morning everybody from the cold Finland, where Spring seem something too far to be even conceived. However, regardless of your location in this planet and whether you are enjoying the last days of Summer, one of its many days, or waiting for Spring, I wish you a glorious day.

Lets start with the first bit of news; finally it arrived the time when I can continue to do my job without being sent in the middle of nowhere, this means also that the adventures in the tiny places of Finland is for the moment set aside. This doesnt mean that I wont continue blogging about them, or other travels, and we are planning some great destinations for this year, so stay tuned!
Nevertheless, being a writer (even if a wandering one), also means that, every now and then, I am publishing something I want to share with you.
My latest novella, which is a part of a series of crime stories is available on Amazon, finally! Now the interesting part of this is that includes some of my travels to Africa, therefore, if you enjoy reading unconventional crime stories with a travel twist, you might find in this novella what you are looking for.
The novella is available on Kindle (https://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Deception-P-J-Mann-ebook/dp/B079RN795D)
and of course also in paperback, if so you prefer (https://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Deception-P-J-Mann/dp/1984990683)
Here is the plot
Ethan is a liar.
He cant help it, he doesnt even realize hes doing it, but he lies to everyone he meets, and he doesnt know how to stop.
So when, mid-treatment for his compulsion and a thousand miles from home, Ethan is accused of murder, how can even his closest friends defend him? After all, Ethan cant remember where he was the night the murder happened all he knows for sure is he was with the woman just before she died.
With his freedom and sanity at stake, the truth seems to be further from Ethans grasp than ever. But then, if he wants to keep his freedom, perhaps lies are all he can depend on.
For the cover art, I spent a lot of time, first because I wanted to create it one by myself. I already had in mind that the idea of the travel should have been highlighted, but also the murder case and the suspense should have their spotlight.
I didnt have the money to invest in a cover artist to have a custom made cover, but I think that my background in visual arts paid off. Also I have to thank my husband for his extremely critical eye, and focus on the details that helped me to refine the idea, and here is the result, what do you think?
 The novella is spoken in first person as a story told by the main character. Therefore, when reading this story, the biggest deceptive point to bear in mind is the nature of the character; he is a liar and he is traveling to heal from compulsive lying, so everything he says might be a lie, everything he describes might be real or not.

To render this lying behavior, I have tried to describe all the events in a way that might resemble a foggy memory, the same you would expect coming from the mind of a person affected by compulsive lying behavior.

Another deceptive turning point is the murder case that bears the biggest deception of all. On this I am not going to tell too much because I do not want to spoil the surprise if you decide to go and read it.

This deception will be the red wire that is going to connect all the books of the series in a crescendo of suspense and twists that, like a circle will find the final resolution with my usual bitter-sweet touch.
By the way it is that link at the left side of this page!
With this I believe it is all, see you next week and wish you once again a great day!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The long road of writing a book.

Publishing a book is a journey on a rocky path that involves several stages, from writing and pre-editing to editing, formatting, selecting ...