Saturday, December 16, 2017

Some girls got proposed there... Can you guess? The Niagara Falls seen from Canada



The Niagara Falls, a place very dear to many people for many reasons, but the most common is for the romance it inspires in the heart of young couples. It is told that if a girl wants to encourage her boyfriend in getting married, she should bring him to the Niagara Falls. Since at the time I visited it I was already married (and still I am) the visit was for us a way to observe another beauty that nature can still offer.
We were on our way to Toronto, from the States, so this was also a must stop and the beauties that it holds it makes this stop worth.
There are many legends and myths connected to the Falls, and like it happens for many other natural places, it is quite unlikely they even hold a foundation of truth. Nevertheless, they help to add some mystery to the spectacular beauty.
I suppose it is quite common for humans to create legends when they found themselves in front of something so majestic and spectacular that inspire so many strong feelings and put them back to the place where they belong. The place of the observer, who understands how small he/she is in front of the marvels of a living Universe.
I have seen quite many falls in my travels, from the Angel Falls in Venezuela to the Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe and the Niagara Falls between USA and Canada. It is not a question of how far do they stretch or from how high do the waters fall. For me, there is something extremely attractive in each Fall, and I love to lose myself in the admiration.
They have different voices, speak different languages, and tells different stories, all worth to be heard and like many others, I loved to hear the tales told by Niagara River, which drains Lake Erie into Lake Ontario. 


The visit to Toronto didn't lack of attractions, and I really enjoyed my stay. The city was exactly the way I imagined itd be, preserving the heritage between its past and the projection to the future. It is an easy going city.
For a tourist, this is the place where to find every day something new to do, as the city is filled with seasonal activities to keep you busy.

In the summertime, when the weather is merciful, you will definitely enjoy a good walk around the city, a visit to the Queens Park and simply sit down in one of the many cafeterias enjoying the view of the city from different points of view.
Perhaps, you might also spot a local celebrity going shopping, surrounded by bodyguards and screaming fans (thats the tough price for being popular).
Or you can have the pleasure and joy to be stuck as you come out from a shop because of the craziest thunderstorm, you'd ever seen, came from out of nowhere (and of course, you do not have an umbrella).




Stay dry, stay safe, but particularly, STAY TUNED, as next week there will be another destination shared to you. From The Wandering Writer with love!!!

 


2 comments:

  1. Your tour reminded me of my childhood venture aboard 'Maid of the Mist' at Niagara Falls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eva, and thanks for stopping by. On that occasion, I didn't take the cruise to see the falls from what is, perhaps the best point. I have a terrible relationship between the curliness of my hair and the fact to have them wet and sticking like electric straws from my head, LOL. It must have been awesome, and childhood memories are indeed the most cherished ones.

      Delete

The long road of writing a book.

Publishing a book is a journey on a rocky path that involves several stages, from writing and pre-editing to editing, formatting, selecting ...